Immigrant Consular Processing Attorney

Santa Rosa Immigrant Consular Processing Attorney

California USCIS Lawyer Representing Clients Around the World

If you are planning to immigrate to the United States and are not yet in the U.S., you will need to apply for an immigrant visa or nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. Depending on your goals and particular situation, the process for applying for a visa (consular processing) can be difficult. It is important to have a Santa Rosa immigrant consular processing lawyer on your side to ensure that you do everything you can to increase your chances of immigrating to the U.S.

For more than 20 years, I have helped clients around the world obtain visas through consular processing. No matter what country you are coming from and what consulate you must work with, I will provide comprehensive advice and strategic representation to you.

To learn more about consular processing and my legal services, call 707-527-8050 to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla Español.

From Petition to Approval

There are many steps to consular processing. I will stand by you through all of them, including:

  • Filing your visa petition, including any corroborating documents
  • Ensuring that all fees are paid in full and on time
  • Preparing your visa application, making sure that you have the necessary documentation
  • Keeping track of your consular appointment date and medical examination dates/locations

I am dedicated to offering uncompromising yet cost-effective representation to my clients.

Waiver for Grounds of Inadmissibility

There are a number of “grounds of inadmissibility” that could prevent you from entering or staying in the United States. These bans on immigration include, but are not limited to:

  • Being in the U.S. illegally (unlawful presence)
  • Committing a crime involving moral turpitude
  • Committing a drug crime or a serious crime
  • Committing fraud or willfully making misrepresentations in order to obtain an immigration benefit
  • Previous removal/deportation
  • Health issues

If you are ineligible to immigrate to, return to or stay in the U.S., you may apply for a waiver of a ground of inadmissibility through Form I-601. I can help you evaluate your situation and build a petition that shows your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or parent is under “extreme hardship” and you should be allowed in the U.S.

The sooner you apply for a waiver, the better. If you wait until the last minute to request a waiver, there may not be enough time to do it adequately. Catch any potential problems before they stop you from achieving your dreams — have an experienced immigration consular processing attorney review your visa petition before it is filed. Contact my law office today.

Free Initial Consultations

Call (707) 527-8050

Firm Information

Lamar Peckham
555 Sebastopol Road, Suite C
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Phone: 707-527-8050
Fax: 707-569-0225
Map and Directions